Back Door Man
- I'm sad that Shahbaz has walked out of Big Brother. I know he was a bit trying but he did have some spark of personality, more than a lot of them, and his whole Kelvinside pensioner in the body of an Asian gay man thing was quite endearing. Also top marks for using the great and extremely useful phrase "my arse was making buttons"* on national TV.
- World of Kane is back after a rest. Top pick: the Hullaballo dancers dance to Batman.
- I've signed up to Bloglines so am having a fine time catching up with some sites I should read more often e.g. A Sampler of Things, Bubblegum Fink and new find Mondo Daddykin.
- I've also joined IndieKarma - you credit your account with a dollar (and I got that free) and a cent is deducted each time you visit a site that has joined the network. It seems like a sensible way to support your favourite blogs. The only site I've found so far that's using it is Unphotographable which is well worth a penny.
- News of what next for Green Wing on scriptwriter James Henry's site Blue Cat. The bad news is there's no third series, but the good news is there's a Christmas special.
- Cartoon Modern on the Eames' The Information Machine.
- Garden by Marc Quinn has almost 1000 species frozen in liquid silicone (via the Proceedings of the Athanasius Kircher Society). Now you don't get that at the Chelsea Flower Show.
- Ending on a high, Blow Up Doll has had some great mp3s lately - check out the harmonies on I Fell by the The Four King Cousins.
*I was rather anxious.