- An ode to the plastic tomato-shaped ketchup dispenser at Object Project. I hate to be pedantic about this but aren't those new reproduction ones slightly wrong? I've got an old one and it's perfectly round and fat like a beef tomato. The new ones are slightly elongated like a red pepper. I'm sure the ketchup still tastes alright though. This article also raises a good question about brown sauce - was there a brown tomato? I kind of think there was. Anyone got any evidence?
- Save the Brown Derby - campaign to save the last Brown Derby restaurant in LA (thanks Kate). More about its history.
- A collection of Japanese sweets via Scrubbles. I just noticed this is by the guy out of the Meat Puppets.
- Interview with Hamburg's Robin Hood Gang - merry pranksters whose latest trick is stealing luxury food and give it to poorly paid workers. I think this is their website Hamburg Umsonst (Hamburg For Free).
- Claire from Loobylu has launched a new site - Kiddley : every day ideas for you and your kids. Nice idea, well executed.
- For pareidolia fans: A smiling bridge in Wales via the excellent Eyeteeth.