Thank you PA Press
Princeton Architectural Press sent me a lovely pile of books. I get asked to write about things now and then, but not many freebies. It was nice in this case to get the goods, and feel like the batch was tailor made. So I'm happy to give them a plug:
- Taking Things Seriously: 75 Objects With Unexpected Significance by Joshua Glenn and Carol Hayes - some things that look like tat to most people have a story that makes them precious to their owners. This is a really lovely idea. Sweetly presented.
- Hand job: a catalogue of type by Michael Perry - a spanking big book of hand-drawn type. Designery types should like this.
- The Guerilla Art Kit by Keri Smith - impish art projects. Good for kids too.
- The Day-to-Day Life of Albert Hastings by Kaylynn Deveney and Albert Hastings - photolog of a Welsh OAP with his own notes. Very sweet and sad.
- Mingering Mike: the Amazing Career of an Imaginary Soul Superstar by Dori Hadar. Mind-blowing archive of imaginary record sleeves and the story of the man behind them.
- Paris Changing: Revisiting Eugène Atget's Paris by Christopher Rauschenberg.