Chewing gum for the eyes
After complaining about the telly a few weeks ago it's starting to improve. Coming up:
- Magnetic North (tonight, BBC Four, 21:00-22:00) - Jonathan Meades goes in search of "northerness". Hard to imagine anyone more "southern" but he's usually good value. Pies and Prejudice by Stuart Maconie also explores this topic in an entertaining way. This clashes with
- That Mitchell and Webb Look which shows all signs of being brilliant.
- Caledonia Dreamin' (BBC Four, Friday, 22:00-23:00) - the history of Postcard Records of Scotland. The influence of this tiny label is so huge and the people involved are so engaging. This should be great.
- How to Murder Your Wife (BBC Four, Saturday, 22:30-00:25) - I do love this film. Jack Lemmon as a put-upon cartoonist; Terry-Thomas as his valet, shot in 1960s New York. So good.
- I've got drawn into Masterchef but not enough to be too bothered about who wins. Emily seems sparky though.
- Pulling (BBC2, Mondays) is half-way through the series (and I've seen it before) but it's great.
- Started and not finished: Grand Designs, Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares USA, Ashes to Ashes.